HOCl Generator with Humidifier 4L 2 in 1
FREE UPS GROUND SHIPPING
Packet of 15 Chlorine Test Strips Included
The most versatile product we sell, our 2 in 1 Hypochlorous Acid (HOCl) Generator/ Humidifier has uses that extend beyond just disinfecting. It can generate HOCl and disburse it via it's built in Ultrasonic Humidifier, used as a standalone humidifier, or you can use it as a HOCl generator and disburse it via the method of your choosing.
While highly effective as a disinfectant, dispensing HOCl via an Ultrasonic Humidifier has uses the extend beyond just disinfecting. It is effective at eliminating most odors including mold, mildew, second hand smoke, and even odors caused by skunks.
The same oxidation process that makes Hypochlorous Acid a highly effective disinfectant, also breaks down organic material which is the cause of most odors.
This unit also has diverse settings, allowing you to set it to either run consistently until the liquid runs out, use the built in Humidistat control to maintain a desired level of humidity, or take advantage of the built-in timer and set it to run for 1,2, or 4 hours
- 2 in 1 HOCl Generator and Humidifier
- Large 4 Liter Reservoir
- Remote Control Included
- Automatic HOCl Generator Humidifier function allows you to set it up, then leave it run
- Timer Function to make Higher Concentrations of HOCl
- Built in humidistat control that turns the unit on and off based on relative humidity
- Timer option that allows you to set the unit to run for 1,2, or 4 Hours
- Adjustable output, High, medium and low
- Can be used as a stand alone HOCl generator or Humidifier
- Up to 350ml per hour output, recommended for up to 400 sq feet
- Low water automated shut off
- Packet of 15 Chlorine Test Strips Included
We ran a test with this machine, and found that when adding one scoop of Non-Iodized Salt (Kosher Salt) per liter of water and allowing the HOCl generator to run on its default setting (which is half an hour) the solution will reach an HOCl concentration of around 80ppm, which is effective for disinfecting (see article linked below)
As with all HOCl generators, it is important to maintain a PH at 5.5 or slightly below by adding vinegar to the solution. If the PH is higher than 5.5 part of the resulting solution will be Hypochlorite (household bleach), at a PH of 2.5, it can become chlorine gas. We have found adding 1 teaspoon of vinegar per 2 liters of water to be effective. the PH of tap water varies, so if you would like to be more exact in the PH, you can use PH test strips (sold on this website), and adjust the amount of vinegar to meet your desired results
Link to a study on the efficacy of disbursing HOCl in an ultrasonic humidifier below. to article about effectiveness of HOCl when used with an ultrasonic humidifier https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7034383/